ONEX Global Nanotechnologies S.A. (Glonatech) is a nanotechnology company offering nanoscience and nanotechnology solutions, products & services to global product manufacturers.
Glonatech is a member of the ONEX Company Group, established in October 2009 in Athens.
It is headquartered in a state-of-the-art building located in the municipality of Chalandri, few Kilometers from the center of Athens. Two years after its establishment, the company expanded its operations.
The R&D offices and laboratory are located inside TE.S.P.A “Lefkippos” of NCSR “Demokritos”, while its brand new nanoparticles industrial production plant is located in the Industrial Area of Lamia.
The company’s scientific and technical team possesses several years of experience in the production and handling of nanoparticles, such as ceramic oxides and carbon nanotubes (CNTs).
Glonatech constantly refines its technologies for targeted production of customized nanomaterials and participates in research projects related to applications of nanoparticles and development of new nanomaterials.
Fields of Activity
Glonatech follows a vertically integrated approach related to Nanotechnology and Nanoscience, starting from raw nano-materials up to final nano-structured products, while at the same time strives to continuously improve and evolve.
Glonatech’s mission is to become the leading supplier of nanomaterials and nano-structured products worldwide.
• Oct-2009: ONEX management decide to invest in Nanotechnology and establish ONEX Global Nanotechnologies
• Oct-2010: We design and develop the first pilot reactor for laboratory scale production of Carbon Nanotubes with own proprietary methodology
• Nov-2011: Joined forces with NCSR “Demokritos” founding own laboratory in the institute
• Feb-2012: Worldwide achievement for the production of medical grade multiwall carbon nanotubes (purity > 98%) in research and industrial scale, certified by independent research institutes, NCSR “Demokritos” and University of Bordeaux
• Aug-2012: Achievement for the development and standardization of functionalization protocols that completely resolve dispersion problems of CNTs inside resins and thermoplastics, both in research and industrial scale